Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are highly anticipating. This weeks pre-publication “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is:
Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle #1)
Author: Jay Kristoff
Publisher: Harper Voyager
Expected Publication Date: 11th August 2016
Synopsis from GoodReads:
Destined to destroy empires, Mia Covere is only ten years old when she is given her first lesson in death.
Six years later, the child raised in shadows takes her first steps towards keeping the promise she made on the day that she lost everything.
But the chance to strike against such powerful enemies will be fleeting, so if she is to have her revenge, Mia must become a weapon without equal. She must prove herself against the deadliest of friends and enemies, and survive the tutelage of murderers, liars and demons at the heart of a murder cult.
The Red Church is no Hogwarts, but Mia is no ordinary student.
The shadows love her. And they drink her fear.
So why am I so excited for this release?
- It’s Jay Kristoff, and I will always support him! (Plus, he’s an Aussie!!)
- I’ve heard so many AMAZING things about this book!
- It’s been dubbed as Hogwarts, but with way more violence and steamy scenes 😉
- I’m soooo in the mood for a dark fantasy!
- Both the US and UK covers are incredibly well designed.